Cliff Stevenson Consulting specialises in providing services in the following areas:
- Training on WTO and trade agreements – WTO basics and free trade agreements including a full understanding of what the ‘WTO option’ means for the UK.
- Issue identification, impact assessments and strategies. Although there remains a lot of uncertainty, there is more certainty than some press articles would suggest. Reducing the uncertainty to the minimum level allows critical issues to be identified.
- Preparation of positions papers for discussion with government and other interested parties.
ANTI-DUMPING/COUNTERVAILING DUTY SERVICES
- Consulting services in anti-dumping investigations, including dumping calculations and injury/causality studies.
- Preparation and presentation of expert evidence
- Tailor-made training.
- Having worked on anti-dumping matters for exporters, domestic industry seeking protection, importers and a number of governments (including the European Commission), experienced on all sides of the debate.
- Provides specific services for
OTHER TRADE, MARKET ACCESS, & CUSTOMS ISSUES
- Assessing WTO consistency of trade barriers
- Preparation of arguments and evidence for WTO dispute settlement proceedings.
- Advice and strategies for multilateral and bilateral trade negotiations.
- Analysis of customs questions such as origin, customs classification and preferential trade agreements.
- Preparation of economic analysis & reports on relevant markets and competitive impact of various abuses.
- Data collection and analysis (including basic econometrics and statistical analysis)
- Presentation of expert economic evidence before competition authorities.
- Interface between lawyers/policymakers and econometricians if formal econometrics is required.
WHY OUR CLIENTS USE US
We help to find solutions to complex anti-dumping and other trade problems, thus improving our clients’ business, by:
- Taking the strain out of the analysis
- Maximising the effectiveness of your arguments
- Cost efficient services to law firms
- Minimising the impact of anti-dumping, other trade and competition problems on your business
- Helping you find opportunity in adverse situations
- Providing expert analysis and opinions
- Providing realistic assessments on whether measures can be challenged in the WTO.
- Preparing and presenting evidence before anti-dumping administrations, competition authorities or in WTO disputes.
- Training courses from beginners to advanced levels.
- Providing detailed reviews of dumping calculation or injury analysis disclosures.